My first attempt at taking a star trails photo with stacking. I will take another go at this shot as I learnt a few things while doing it.
- Get there early.
- Take some images while it's still light.
- Your camera will be blocked for a long time, so be prepared to lie back and enjoy the stars, or take something else to do. I'm lucky enough to be able to take a second camera..
- Take many shorter long exposure images instead of just one longer, long exposure image and combine them with StarStaX. If something happens or someone decides that it would be a good idea to walk in front of the camera with say a torch turned on, you'll only loose a few a short amount of time instead of potentially 10, 20 or 30 minutes.
- I used Triggertrap to control the camera this time, so I had to make sure that my phone was charged too.
- And finally. If you're with someone else do not give them a torch!